REMINDERS: If you’ve been near me for any length of time, you know that my mind moves at 1000 miles a minute. Because of that truth, I make lists, I ground myself in God through 20 minutes of Centering Prayer per day, and need lots of reminders (especially around tasks for which I’m less interested).
Yesterday on social media I asked, “What do you need to be reminded about?” I received a fair number of responses. Some were humorous, others deep. Here’s a sample:
- Why I walked into a room.
- Attach the dang file!
- To feel. Not just grind and plow through the hard stuff.
- To ask for God’s help.
During this holiday season, what do you need to be reminded about?
Here are a few reminders for you to consider during the next month and a half:
- Be Gentle with yourself & others. Lots of expectations mount during the holiday season which can be stressful.
- Be Present and Slow down. Say yes to what’s life giving. Say no to what’s not.
- You are Loved. We have the signs all over The Portico. We often need reminding.
- Engage in regular spiritual practice. Pick something doable. It connects and reminds us to be grateful.
REMINDER: 2024 ESTIMATE OF GIVING this Sunday: The generosity campaign concludes this Sunday. I turned our family’s in. I hope you will too, especially if The Portico’s work inspires you. Become a Portico Partner by submitting a 2024 Estimate of Giving. All size investments are welcomed. No matter where you are in your giving, we are grateful.
HOLIDAY SERVING: ALL SIGN UPS HERE.
- Thanks for you service! Portico’s Thanksgiving lunch is full! There are still lots of spots for 11/19 and 11/26.
- Christmas Eve Sunday breakfast has 24 spots left
- Christmas Day lunch has 25.
Reminder: You are Loved.
photo credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/a-person-holding-a-note-that-says-dont-forget-mZ5D2T5rVG4