Gathering Gatherers for The Gathering. Say that 3 times fast. It is a tongue twister. As The Portico Leadership team is planning and preparing for the fall weekly worship launch. We need your help. It is a simple request and will take 1 minute.
For those of you who plan to be a part of the regular worshiping community, fill this out: Let us know… I’m in! This will assist in the team’s planning greatly.
About The Gathering:
- When: 2nd Sunday in June, July, and August.
- Weekly: Starting in Sept.
- Time: 10:01 a.m. at 1001 N. Florida Ave. and last 1 hour.
- Who’s it for: People seeking spiritual connection in a non-traditional setting, or who have struggled with church or never connected with a worship community in the past. They could be new and long-time followers of Jesus, people in recovery, those who might need recovery, others struggling with faith, agnostics, skeptics, and people exploring the idea of a higher power. We are about reaching new people in new ways.
- Purpose: To Make God’s Love Real through conversation, connection, and community change through worship in a non-conventional way (scripture, meditation, testimony, serving, and knees under tables). We are creating a multi-cultural gathering and connection of faith backgrounds, ages, races, and socio-economic situations.
- Gathering Format: There’s music, meditation, and conversation around a scripture. Once a month there will be a meal together (potluck/brunch). And once a month we will serve the homeless community through our partners. NOTE: There’s isn’t a sermon. God will speak through our conversations around the tables.
- Children: Portico Kids will have engaging activities that include meditation/yoga and scripture where kids can grow and have fun.
- Clergy: I will lead and plan this Gathering with the Portico Leadership Team; and be present the majority of Sundays. Occasionally I will preach at the Hyde Park location.
- How can I be involved? Fill out the form. The Gathering is volunteer led. The musicians, tech, meditation, hospitality, serve teams are servant volunteers. Additionally, you can participate in Portico small groups, justice initiatives, Portico Housing Solutions and The Portico Cafe (our missional social enterprise). There is a place for you.
Next Gathering is Sunday, June 12. Start time is 10:01 a.m. Mark your calendars.
Gathering Gatherers for The Gathering. It’s a tongue twister. If you are called, commit to being an integral part of this community that will not only change your life… It will impact others’ lives.
Let’s continue to make God’s Love Real together. You are loved.