Porch Night is community night at The Portico on Tuesdays, where everyone is invited to participate in a variety of activities on campus.
The Portico Cafe is open from 6 – 8 p.m. on Tuesday nights. Grab a bite to eat or relax with a coffee and your favorite book.
- Drop in a small group meetup and connect with new friends.
- Take a yoga class.
- Deepen your meditation practice with guided sessions in the historic chapel.
- Plus, more special offerings throughout the year, including music, workshops, and guest speakers.
Childcare is available, but advance signup for your child is required. Contact us by email for more info or call 813.222.2219.
Experience spirituality that is out of the ordinary. The Portico is a place for conversation, connection, and community where all are welcome. At Porch Night, we invite you to deepen your faith and learn spiritual contemplation through meditative practices.
Current Groups Fall
Word + Table
- Location: The Portico Cafe Conversations Room
- 6:30–7:30 p.m.
Open group. All are welcome to participate in this small group meetup, which features a video, short film, or piece of art as a springboard for discussion. The current series is focused on community.
- Location: The Community Hall
- 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Free and open to all ages and fitness levels
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to class and bring a mat. There are a limited number of mats, blocks, and straps for guests to use.
Closing Meditation in The Chapel
- Location: The Historic Tom Henderson Chapel, side entrance
- 7:45 – 8 p.m.
All are welcome to participate in a guided silent meditation and prayer.
Upcoming Porch Night Programs
Taize Meditation Experience
- Time/Date: 7:40–8 p.m. Second Tuesday of the month
- Location: The Historic Tom Henderson Chapel
Come for a brief respite from the cares of the world on the second Tuesday at The Portico’s Henderson Chapel. Based on prayer services held in the monastic community of Taize, France, you’ll experience song, Scripture, prayer, and silent meditation. Taize monks describe it as “a time to rest in God, to let the words listened to and sung penetrate one’s being.” Experience it for yourself; your heart will be warmed and your spirit will be renewed.
Need more info? Contact us.